Here we go again!
VMWARE has released ESXi 6.0 Express Patch 6: Link
This apparently breaks CBT, under the following conditions:
- Only VMs with Operating System Server 2008 or newer (Linux VMs are unaffected.)
- All HW Versions (7, 8, 9, 10 and 11) and all VMware tools versions are affected
- The issue occurs with both thick and thin provisioned disks.
- The issue only occurs when the backup software uses quiesced snapshots, and it is enabled in the job.
From Veeam community:
Have you installed the patch, you can rollback ESXi with this KB article from VMWARE:
- In the console screen of the ESXi host, press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to see the Direct Console User Interface (DCUI) screen.
- In the DCUI screen, press F12 to view the shutdown options for the ESXi host.
- Press F11 to reboot.
- When the Hypervisor progress bar starts loading, press Shift+R. You see a pop-up with a warning:Current hypervisor will permanently be replaced
with build: X.X.X-XXXXXX. Are you sure? [Y/n]
- Press Shift+Y to roll back the build.
- Press Enter to boot.