Sophos has released MR2 for SFOS v19, the MR2 for 19.5 will come later on:
While many organizations have already upgraded to Sophos Firewall OS v19.5 to take advantage of all the great Xstream SD-WAN, FastPath Acceleration of TLS, High availability (HA) enhancements and quality-of-life improvements, we know many of you are possibly waiting for the first maintenance release for v19.5 before jumping in. Our team is hard at work on the first MR for v19.5, but in the meantime, we’ve released a nice update for v19 with MR2.
This latest update, v19 MR2, brings a number of additional enhancements and fixes to what is already one of our best firewall updates ever:
What’s New in SFOS v19 MR2:
- Xstream SD-WAN enhancements –
- Supports 4x more SD-WAN profiles for scaled deployment
- Improved Gateway manageability – gateway can be now filtered based on status, IP, interface, and health check
- Search for SD-WAN profile by name on the diagnostic screen
- IPsec VPN enhancements –
- Improved security heartbeat selection in remote access IPsec VPN
- Supports disabling anti-replay protection of IPsec VPN for specific use cases
- Email protection – Enhanced spam catch rate with SASI, now offers bulk email handling configurations for the MTA mode
- SD-RED – Display and email the RED unlock code for the deleted RED devices to easily manage the them again
- Zero-day protection – Intelix can now request submission of samples above the previous built-in limit of 10MB
- Additional Fixes – Includes 100+ additional performance, stability and security fixes
Check out the v19 MR2 release notes for full details.
How to Get it:
Sophos Firewall OS v19 MR2 is a fully supported upgrade from all previous versions of v19 and v18.5 including the latest v18.5 MR5. Please refer to the Upgrade information tab in the release notes for more details.