Sophos have released Sophos Firewall v19.5 EAP 1:
See the new features here: sophos-firewall-key-new-features
- SD-WAN Load Balancing builds on the powerful SD-WAN capabilities introduced in v19 to add load balancing across multiple SD-WAN links for added performance and redundancy.
- IPSec VPN Capacity is also significantly increased enabling up to double the number of concurrent tunnels depending on your XGS Series model.
- Dynamic Routing with OSPFv3 (IPv6) which has been one of our top requested features bringing enhanced routing, flexibility, security, and performance.
Xstream Protection and Performance:
- Xstream FastPath Acceleration of TLS encrypted traffic takes advantage of the hardware crypto capabilities in the Xstream Flow Processor to accelerate TLS encrypted traffic flows on the FastPath on the XGS 4300, 4500, 5500, and 6500. This provides added headroom and performance for traffic that requires deep-packet inspection.
- Several Status, Visibility and Ease-of-Use Enhancements improve the operation of high availability (HA) configurations.
- Redundant Link Support enables your high availability devices to be connected with multiple redundant HA links to add resiliency and reliability.
Quality of Life Enhancements:
- Host and Service Object Search enables you to perform free text searches for host and service objects by name or value.
- Enhanced .log file storage enables advanced troubleshooting.
- Azure AD SSO for for web console and UI login offers an alternate and easier method of authentication.
- Enhanced 40G Interface Support with auto-detection of advanced port configurations on XGS 5500 and 6500 models.
New 4G/5G Hardware Support
- New 4G/5G Interface Modules are launching alongside v19.5 provide new high-speed cellular connectivity options for modular desktop models including the XGS 116(w), 126(w), and 136(w).